Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley, 18!

Can't believe Ashley is 18!  Time goes by so fast!  For most of her life it's been all about gymnastics!  I know she is not finished with her gymnastic career but when i think of Ashley turning 18 I can't help but think of her commitment and love to this sport and the years she dedicated to it.  Here is part of an essay she had to write about her greatest accompishment so far in life.

"Since I was a little girl I have been doing cartwheels down the grocery aisle, flipping on a trampoline and swinging on the bars during recess. My passion for gymnastics has resulted in 6,946 workout hours, 5 gyms, 62 meets, 516 medals, 3 broken bones, 36 gold medals, 1 State Championship, 4 time regional qualifier, and 2 time Junior Olympic Westerns National qualifier.  I have always loved competing, and loved developing and trying to perfect new skills. By nature, gymnastics is born out of creativity, if you cannot visualize yourself attaining a skill, then you will certainly fail. The mental side of gymnastics is a defining element that can separate and average gymnast from an extraordinary one. Gymnastics has been a great tool for teaching me determination, tenacity, and how to cope with overcoming fear. Throughout my years of competing, I have been able to learn how to fight through adversity and teach myself how to do things that I never thought were possible."

We love you Ashley, Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

Such a sweet video. What a great example of determination and sticktoitiveness she is. Love you Ashley! You are awesome. Happy Birthday!

P.S. I loved seeing pictures of our old house!

Susan P. said...

Here's celebrating you, Ashley! You are an incredible person and we miss you!