Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Caroling with Angels!

I love my callings in the ward; I teach the 9 year olds in primary and work with the 8 and 9 year old activity day girls! My primary class are the sweetest, and smartest group of 9 year olds in the church and I absolutely love my companion teacher, Sis. Ballard, who I have tremendous respect for and admire her grace, and testimony of the gospel! What a blessing to work with her. I also work with a very talented Sister in Activity Days, she can do it all, cook, sew, sing (all those things I lack!) but I love that the most important thing to her is to help these young girls to have faith in Jesus Christ and to help their testimonies grow! I’m having the best time!


This past week we took the activity girls Christmas Caroling! As we practiced beforehand, we talked about when we sing, we are bearing our testimonies of Jesus Christ. We went to several houses in our ward of families who were not members or those who are not fully participating in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We sang that would bear witness of Jesus Christ, “O Come All Ye Faithful,” “Picture a Stable in Judea,” “Silent Night,” and we finished with “I Wonder When He Comes again,” which ends with these words, “I'm sure He'll call His little ones together round His knee…. Because He said in days gone by... "Suffer them to come to Me." Each door these girls sang with such a sweet spirit, I couldn’t help but be overcome with emotion because the spirit was so strong. Surely these sweet little ones were bearing their testimonies of Jesus Christ. It was amazing, a highlight of my Christmas Season.

No comments: