Monday, December 13, 2010


My friend from Texas sent me this beautiful quilt she made.  I was so overwhelmed; it is one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever made me.  (Kenny did remind me he made 6 beautiful children!)  My friend is not only a very talented woman, but is one of those people who live by the spirit and quietly serves and whom I admire very much.  I have lived without a mother for a long time, and every once in awhile someone will do or say something to me that touches my heart in away only my mother could.  This was one of those moments for me!   For a mother-less daughter these are very sacred and special moments for me and are always accompanied with the Spirit.   I’m so grateful for this gift, but even more grateful for the feelings of love that came with it.  And grateful for friends who are true disciples of Jesus Christ.

No comments: